Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Intel Wireless Wifi Link 5100 on Hardy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Re: Intel Wireless Wifi Link 5100 on Hardy

thank you Lokiii for the first time it didn`t work but after the reboot it worked -> woop

edit.

oh wait it stopped working :/
    still the same statement ..... timeout
    Last edited by superstas; September 16th, 2008 at 02:00 PM.

Beans

The same happens to me but in an HP Pavilion DV5-1010US, it has also bluetooth integrated

Quote Originally Posted by jasex View Post
    Hey all... struggling with the 5100 too, on a HP Pavilion DV4-1020US, will confirm if theburningor's fix works or not.

EDIT: did not work... not as far as I can tell... about two minutes after performing sudo make load... the computer locked up... nothing would respond, and my capslock light started flashing. restarted... computer locked up on GDM login. restarted again... back in ubuntu... still seem to be at square one... orange wi-fi light... though a new development is... when I turn on the computer, it becomes blue temporarily, then... SIZZLE back to orange... pressing it does nothing. there's not even an option in network manager for enabling wireles... is there perhaps a step I missed... Ubuntu 7.10 64bit... upgraded to 8.04 64 bit... not straight 8.04 install

Beans

Well I got my dv5t working. I tried it again and it worked. I must have missed a step.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by braineatingalien View Post
    Well I got my dv5t working. I tried it again and it worked. I must have missed a step.
    I have followed the steps posted here, but when I try to conect again to an ap, my laptop got freeze and I have to restart it again.

I have a HP Pavilion DV5 too

Could you please post here the exact steps did you follow to, I'll appreciate a lot.

Thanks and regards,

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Wink Re: Intel Wireless Wifi Link 5100 on Hardy

It works on HP Compaq 6830s so owners of this laptop can use this to make wireless card work.

Beans

did you guys try updating to the latest Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex release? That kernel has got to work. I've downloaded a vanilla kernel.org kernel and compiled it myself and wireless works very nicely ( should say flawlessly actually )!

Edit: Incase you are on an older version of Ubuntu and want to upgrade to the latest and greatest kernel then you have two options. 1. Download Ibex's latest kernel source, copy over your .config and compile it yourself. 2. Download the vanilla kernel.org kernel and compile that.

I'm not sure if the 2nd option would be good for you guys since it will probably muck up some of the nice features that the Ubuntu team puts in your kernel.

In either case follow this tutorial and you ought to be good to go: http://www.howtoforge.com/kernel_compilation_ubuntu_p2
    Last edited by basix9; September 17th, 2008 at 04:21 PM.

Beans

Hello, i followed all the steps. I got it to work but for some reason the light on my DV4-1028US centrino 2 works then the light flickers blue and red. Blue meaning working, red meaning off. When i restart it doesnt work but restart again it does the same thing. When the light flickers and i take it off power it starts clicking, all the sounds are disabled. This is a 64 bit vista computer running on a 32 bit ubuntu. any help is appreciated thank you. hope you can understand what i wrote. forgot to mention my kernel is 2.6.24-19
    Last edited by jakey21; September 18th, 2008 at 12:21 PM. Reason: forgot to mention

Beans

i wonder if its because its sayin iwlagn instead of iwl5000. if it is how do i change that?

*-network
    description: Wireless interface
    product: Intel Corporation
    vendor: Intel Corporation
    physical id: 0
    bus info: pci@0000:03:00.0
    logical name: wmaster0
    version: 00
    serial: 00:16:ea:7a:35:a0
    width: 64 bits
    clock: 33MHz
    capabilities: bus_master cap_list logical ethernet physical wireless
    configuration: broadcast=yes driver=iwlagn latency=0 module=iwlagn multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11abgn

Beans

Question Re: Intel Wireless Wifi Link 5100 on Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by basix9 View Post
    did you guys try updating to the latest Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex release? That kernel has got to work. I've downloaded a vanilla kernel.org kernel and compiled it myself and wireless works very nicely ( should say flawlessly actually )!

Edit: Incase you are on an older version of Ubuntu and want to upgrade to the latest and greatest kernel then you have two options. 1. Download Ibex's latest kernel source, copy over your .config and compile it yourself. 2. Download the vanilla kernel.org kernel and compile that.

I'm not sure if the 2nd option would be good for you guys since it will probably muck up some of the nice features that the Ubuntu team puts in your kernel.

In either case follow this tutorial and you ought to be good to go: http://www.howtoforge.com/kernel_compilation_ubuntu_p2
    Which kernel did you choose? 2.6.26 or 2.6.27.rc6
    I'm going to try this with the 2.6.27 kernel, had no luck with the method on page 7

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by RaZe42 View Post
    Which kernel did you choose? 2.6.26 or 2.6.27.rc6
    I'm going to try this with the 2.6.27 kernel, had no luck with the method on page 7
    Please reread my post. I've told exactly what kernel I've used and how to compile it.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast