Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [SOLVED] Why can't I install and use mkisofs, cdrecord instead of genisoimage and wod

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: [SOLVED] Why can't I install and use mkisofs, cdrecord instead of genisoimage and

@Pidgin
    IMHO You shouldn't invoke 'make' with root priviledges, there's no reason for that. In fact, one should avoid using root account for files in $HOME folder. There is also no need to invoke 'make clean' if You later delete the directory.

Corrected script attached, one can run it by:
    Code:
    chmod +x cdrtools-install.sh
    ./cdrtools-install.sh
    EDIT: I changed script a little so that it's more reliable; I also attached a script allowing to restore original tools if one wants.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mgol; December 28th, 2009 at 01:49 PM.
    Michał Gołębiowski
    Dell Latitude E6500: P8600 | Intel GMA 4500MHD | 15,4'' 1440x900 LED (matte) | 4GiB DDR2 | 233 GiB HDD 7200 rpm (with Free Fall Sensor).
    Jabber ID: mgol /at/ jabster.pl - let me write in within my profile details, please!

Beans

Re: [SOLVED] Why can't I install and use mkisofs, cdrecord instead of genisoimage and

I'm running Ubuntu 9.10, and have spent 3 days since installing, which was, ironically, 3 days ago, trying to install cdrtools. It installs (I think?) fine, but whenever i try to burn it fails, at 0%. I have tried using the scripts mgol has posted, but after running them, it still fails to burn.
    I didn't compile with smake, so could that be the issue?

I'm using a ASUS Pro31Jc laptop with:

Kernel: Linux 2.6.31-16-generic
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5200 @ 1.60GHz
    RAM: 2.0 GB
    HDD: 320GB
    DVD-Burner: QSI DVD+- RW SDW-082K

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

@ryuragnas
    I also use Ubuntu Karmic (64-bit). I installed cdrtools using attached scripts and I was able to erase CD-RW and to record a few directories to it, starting multisession mode. Everything worked fine.

I don't use smake, just usual GNU make. What did You exactly have problem with? Did recording work with old tools (wodim etc.)?

EDIT: I modified scripts a little but it wasn't a large change.

P.S. If one wants to use man pages provided by Joerg Schilling, one should add the following to ~/.bashrc:
    Code:
    # cdrtools man path
    unset MANPATH
    export MANPATH=/opt/schily/man:$(manpath)
    Last edited by mgol; December 28th, 2009 at 01:50 PM.
    Michał Gołębiowski
    Dell Latitude E6500: P8600 | Intel GMA 4500MHD | 15,4'' 1440x900 LED (matte) | 4GiB DDR2 | 233 GiB HDD 7200 rpm (with Free Fall Sensor).
    Jabber ID: mgol /at/ jabster.pl - let me write in within my profile details, please!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123