Thread: Wsl

Beans

Wsl

Windows 11 WSL cannot install due to an error that a component is no installed or the default distro is not found and all the fixes have been tried and failed. any ideas?

Beans

Re: Wsl

I don't understand the problem. Are you trying to install WSL on your windows 11 system or are you using WSL to try to install Ubuntu or some Linux and having problems? Which is it and specify the problems. Also, I would thing you would get better advice from the microsoft support site or a windows forum. Or, you could wait for a response here as a number of members also use windows.

Beans

yes it is a combination of problems when I try to install/run WSL it autmatically install a Distro never completeing because of an error no installed distributions even if one is installed. I am trying here because Windows forums cannot give me any idea i have not already tried. This is occuring on both my Windows laptops the only thing in common seems to be Windows 11. I am hoping you have a different answer.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans

Do you specifically need WSL? Installing VirtualBox on Windows will let you run anything in a virtual machine. I've had Windows on Linux, Linux on Windows, and Linux on Linux.

(Right now I'm getting a "502 Bad Gateway" error on that site. I assume it will be transitory.)
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
    Do you specifically need WSL? Installing VirtualBox on Windows will let you run anything in a virtual machine. I've had Windows on Linux, Linux on Windows, and Linux on Linux.

(Right now I'm getting a "502 Bad Gateway" error on that site. I assume it will be transitory.)
    Just to confirm I as well get the same>>>"502 Bad Gateway"
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans

Excellent info at the link in post 4, for people who are interested in it. I've never used it and don't know what would be better/different about it from other virtual software particularly since (as I understand it) there is not GUI and most windows users are very focused on GUI.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
    Problem resolved this morning.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users