Thread: Installing to USB

Beans

Installing to USB

Traduction google

I have 2 windows 11 laptops and an old linux mint device. I bought 3 external usb hard drives. I downloaded the version
    Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon and I burned it to a DVD-ROM.

Subsequently, I launched the dvd-rom (usb connection) and I
    plug in an external usb drive. When choosing the location
    of the installation, I chose the location of the external usb disk,
    and I took the opportunity to reserve half of the external usb disk for 'data' and the installation was done correctly
    on my external usb hard drive. I repeated the installation 2 more times and the installation was done correctly.

Then under the Windows11 laptop, I modified the bios to allow
    booting on a usb medium (in this case external usb disks). Does it work? It's been over a year, and I've never had to make any other changes to the Windows device. (And I didn't have to worry about settings like UEFI, because on my old computer it was an option that wasn't available).

Now it's a question of asking Ubuntu, if it would work the same as it did with linux Mint 21.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

J'ai 2 laptop windows 11 et un vieil appareil linux mint. J'ai achete 3 disques durs usb externes. J'ai telecharge la version
    Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon et je l'ai grave sur un dvd-rom.

Par la suite, j'ai lance le dvd-rom(connexion usb) et j'ai
    branche un disque usb externe. Au moment de choisir l'emplacement
    de l'installation, j'ai choisi l'emplacement du disque usb externe,
    et j'ai profite de l'occasion pour reserver la moitie du disque usb externe pour du 'data' et l'installation s'est faite correctement
    sur mon disque dur usb externe. J'ai repete l'installation a 2 autres reprises et l'installation s'est faite correctement.

Puis sous le laptop Windows11, j'ai modifie le bios pour permettre
    le demarrage sur un support usb(en l'occurence les disques usb externes). Est-ce que cela fonctionne? Depuis plus d'un an, et je n'ai jamais eu a faire d'autres modifications de l'appareil Windows. (Et je n'ai pas eu a me preoccuper des parametres comme UEFI, car sur mon vieil ordinateur, c'est une option qui n'etait pas disponible).

Maintenant, il s'agit de demander a Ubuntu, si cela fonctionnerait de la meme maniere qu'avec linux Mint 21.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Installing to USB

Moved to MINT.

Please do not hijack the threads of other users. That causes confusion.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.