Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem installing Packetfence in ubuntu 8.04. (Can't locate Readonly.pm in @INC...

Beans

Unhappy Problem installing Packetfence in ubuntu 8.04. (Can't locate Readonly.pm in @INC...

I`m trying to install Packetfence software in an ubuntu server and an error message keeps me annoying. The error is:

-----------------------------------------------------------
    francaserver@ubuntuserver:/usr/local/pf/bin$ sudo /etc/init.d/packetfence start
    /etc/init.d/packetfence: line 14: /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions: No such file or directory
    Starting PacketFence...Can't locate Readonly.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /usr/local/pf/bin/pfcmd line 22.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/pf/bin/pfcmd line 22.
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Please someone help me. I`m new using ubuntu.
    thanks for any cooperation.

Beans

Re: Problem installing Packetfence in ubuntu 8.04. (Can't locate Readonly.pm in @INC

Do you have all the perl modules installed?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Problem installing Packetfence in ubuntu 8.04. (Can't locate Readonly.pm in @INC

Has anybody have successfully installed Packetfence ,ZEN or can point me to some good how-to tutorials as the one on PF page does not explain everything in detail .
    Dell power edge 710 64bit - Dual 6 Core Xeons -64Gig ram:64bit-10.04-LTSLatitude E6400, Intel chipset, intel integrated graphics , Iw-3945ABG-Pro-miniPCI , UM150 EVDO , Orinoco-Gold-Pcmci , 14.1-WXGA+ ,10.04-64bit.Gnome

wojox is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I tried this guide with very limited success:

http://techrepublic.com.com/2415-1035_11-179743.html

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Arrow Re: Problem installing Packetfence in ubuntu 8.04. (Can't locate Readonly.pm in @INC

Thanks guys for quick reply.
    I have downloaded pdf but it does not explains the whole concept in detail,there is no configs of the switch and limited explanation on VMware configuration .
    This is the guide i have followed but it's closely based on the PDF itself.
    http://hi.baidu.com/d_o_g/blog/item/...e8d102920.html
    Can you point me to something little less advanced than the PDF document on the PF site or maybe cook up a little how-to?
    Dell power edge 710 64bit - Dual 6 Core Xeons -64Gig ram:64bit-10.04-LTSLatitude E6400, Intel chipset, intel integrated graphics , Iw-3945ABG-Pro-miniPCI , UM150 EVDO , Orinoco-Gold-Pcmci , 14.1-WXGA+ ,10.04-64bit.Gnome

Beans

I'm working on it right now and it is a pain. Among other things some of the Hardy libraries are to old to be used.

There is a file call packetfence.spec written for Fedora/CentOS compilation in the main pf directory that does list the requirement including the Perl libraries. I've been compiling them from cpan but even that is proving to be a pain because at least one, Thread:ool, has failed due to complicated dependency problems. It is definetly written with Fedora packages in mind.

Beans

I just spent a good amount of time on it and i got it to install and work.
    I'm trying to put together a guide:
    http://blog.nervousnetwork.com/?p=18

Right now it is more like a dump of all the websites and commands I ran to get it to work. I'm going through my terminal logs now to try to get some idea of the progression that I took to reach my final result.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Talking Re: Problem installing Packetfence in ubuntu 8.04. (Can't locate Readonly.pm in @INC

Thats awesome, cant wait to see it.

Beans

I've finished writing up the initial guide.
    I still have to cover a lot of the errors I encountered. Most importantly I need to describe the process I had to use to get SSL working. If you have any questions or problems please let me know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast