Thread: Threads marked as SOLVED – update.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Threads marked as SOLVED – update.

Bad news I'm afraid. The anticipated mark threads as solved plugin has been installed, but in the attempt to get it enabled, most of the solved prefixes from already marked threads have disappeared. Several factors were involved, but the bottom line is that this included human error, and for this we apologise.

The frustrating news is that the plugin is still not working. Long story short, but we need access to code which only vbulletin licence holders have access to. Obviously, Canonical have a licence for the use of vbulletin for ubuntuforums, but red tape is getting in the way of our seeing the code we need. This is largely out of our control but we are working on it.

In the meantime, threads can still be marked as solved as described here.
    Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 24.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Re: Threads marked as SOLVED – update.

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    Bad news I'm afraid. The anticipated mark threads as solved plugin has been installed, but in the attempt to get it enabled, most of the solved prefixes from already marked threads have disappeared..
    Can confirm that, too bad indeed

Can we expect the staff to mark a few important ones (on reporting) that we could possibly identify?
    Obviously, "a few" for us individuals may turn out to be "too many" as a whole for staff. Can be a nuisance if everyone started reporting right away.
    Varun
    Help others by marking threads as [SOLVED], if they are. (See how)
    Wireless Script | Use Code Tags

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Cool Re: Threads marked as SOLVED – update.

Thanks for the progress report. Hopefully I'll be able to handle the Solved tag properly on future Threads.
    nVIDIA® nForce® chipsets require discrete GPU's up to Pascal and appropriate nVIDIA Kernel modules.
    Most intel® ExpressSets™ and AMD® RS-Series are fully supported in open source.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

most of the solved prefixes from already marked threads have disappeared.
    Good news: over 100,000 SOLVED prefixes have been restored. Some from earlier this year are lost, but at least we have a large number back.

And more good news:

red tape is getting in the way of our seeing the code we need.
    The solved plugin has at last been enabled. With thanks to Canonical IS sysdamins for cutting through vbulletin's red tape and getting this done, as well as restoring the lost solved prefixes.

If you need to mark your own thread as solved, you can do so from Thread Tools -> Mark thread as solved.
    Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 24.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I can see we are gonna owe Canonical IS sysadmins some cake/cookies/pie/beer/etc...
    (maybe even a "Thank You!")
    Last edited by Iowan; July 29th, 2013 at 09:01 PM.
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net

Beans

[SOLVED] prefix is much less useful than the general prefix (such as [ubuntu], [xubuntu] and so on).

Isn't a way to add the [SOLVED] prefix in front of the existing prefix (if there is one already applied to the thread)? Or apply [SOLVED] as a suffix and keep the existing prefix?

If not, I would prefer that the [SOLVED] prefix is ditched because it replaces the much more relevant and much more useful general prefix when [SOLVED] prefix is applied to a thread.